Certificate in Anti Bribery and Corruption Studies
Bribery is a major risk for organisations, given the criminal penalties that can be levied under the UK Bribery Act 2010.
The CIPFA Certificate in Anti-Bribery and Corruption Studies (CABCS) is a professional accredited qualification developed by the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre and City of London Police’s Economic Crime Academy.
It delivers the in-depth knowledge, understanding and skills that employers need from those who are managing their bribery and corruption risks.
- understand the wider context of bribery and corruption in the UK and abroad
- recognise the harm to society caused by bribery and corruption
- understand the risks and consequences of bribery
- identify and understand relevant legislation in relation to bribery and corruption including the UK Bribery Act 2010
- recognise risk indicators of bribery and corruption
- explain the term ‘critical touch point’ and how grooming can occur in bribery cases
- explain how an organisation can implement adequate procedures to prevent bribery
- understand how to respond to suspected cases of bribery and corruption
- review and develop new strategies to counter bribery and corrupt practices.
Who this course is for
Experienced counter fraud and investigation practitioners, audit and finance managers, regulatory compliance specialists and individuals seeking to forge a career in anti-bribery compliance will all benefit from this qualification.
£1295 for public sector and third sector delegates
£1995 for private sector or self funding delegates
PLEASE NOTE that unlike Economic Crime Academy courses, VAT is payable on this course.
You will be required to complete:
- pre-read materials
- one 1,500 word reflective statement
- three days of classroom learning
- one 40 question, multiple-choice knowledge assessment
- one 3,000 word course research project.
Bookings for this course are undertaken through the CIPFA website:
19 to 21 April 2017, London: http://www.cipfa.org/training/c/cipfa-certificate-in-antibribery-and-corruption-studies-20170419-london
6 to 8 September 2017, London: http://www.cipfa.org/training/c/cipfa-certificate-in-antibribery-and-corruption-studies-20170906-london
7 to 9 November 2017, Manchester: http://www.cipfa.org/training/c/cipfa-certificate-in-antibribery-and-corruption-studies-20171107-manchester
If you work in the public sector or for a charity, you can book online using the links above or email CIPFA at email@example.com.
If you work for the private sector or are self-funded, please email CIPFA at firstname.lastname@example.org.