Economic Crime Academy
The Economic Crime Academy is the UK's pre-eminent supplier of economic crime related skills training. We provide a wide range of courses covering the economic crime spectrum, in addition to a number of bespoke packages.
Policing Elections And Investigating Electoral Fraud
Economic Crime Academy Policing Elections and Investigating Electoral Fraud
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and confidence to investigate allegations of electoral fraud. It has been designed to address a training need that has been identified by the Electoral Commission.
The course equips the delegate to effectively investigate allegations of electoral fraud and fulfil the role of elections Single Point of Contact (SPOC).
The topics covered include the relevant legislation, procedure and an awareness of political culture that impact on elections.
Delegates will be able to:
• Understand how to effectively ‘police’ the election process at both local and national level.
• Describe the role of the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) in electoral fraud cases.
• Explain the role of the Electoral Commission, local authority election officers and the role of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
• Understand the relevant legislation including The Representation of the Peoples Act.
• Explain how to investigate allegations of electoral fraud.
Accreditation – Commissioner
Suitable for – All those with an interest in electoral fraud.
Assessment – Classroom based assessment
Duration tutor led training – 2 days
Entry requirements – Currently serving police officer or staff
*All dates currently advertised are for delivery via ZOOM platform*
|There are currently no events scheduled for this course.
For customer service, please contact Helpdesk